1947 Westinghouse AM Radio Converted to a Bluetooth Streaming Speaker
Here's how I turned an old 1947 Westinghouse AM radio into a Bluetooth streaming speaker.
Parts & Tools
- Monitor/TV with HDMI in connector
- HDMI male/female cord
- USB keyboard
- Ethernet connection and wire
- Slot and Phillips screwdrivers
- Soldering iron and solder
- Wire stripper
- A couple short wires
- Duct tape
- Extension cord
- Device from which to connect via Bluetooth and stream audio
Install the Raspberry Pi operating system on the SD card.
Plug in everything (including the Bluetooth dongle) to begin working on the Pi software.
- Download and install Bluetooth software and set it up to run headless.
Pull out the radio innards.
Connect the amplifier to the speaker and DC power by solder.
Connect the rest of the components and test out your new creation!
- Tuck all the components away and you're done!
and after the new grill cloth...